Women and children legal Research foundation (WCLRF)
Finance Assistant – Finance Department
Terms of Reference
Job Title: Finance assistant
Duty station: Kabul province
Position available: 1 Positions
Requesting Agency: WCLRF
Payment: According to the standards of the WCLRF
Announcing Date: 25/10/2018
Closing Date: 03/11/2018
Job Type: Full Time
About the Organization:
Women & Children Legal Research Foundation (WCLRF) was established in March 2003. WCLRF is focused in the area of research, advocacy and raising awareness with the aim of reducing violence against women and improving their skills and knowledge for equal social and political participation both at local and national levels. So far WCLRF’s activities are covering provinces of Kabul, Parwan, Balkh, Badakhshan, Heart ,Kandahar and Nangarhar both urban and rural area and planning to expand its presence in other provinces of the country. WCLRF has its main office in Kabul and have 2 small offices in Balkh and Nangarhar.
This particular announcement is to recruit one Finance assistant to assist in Reporting any deviation from WCLRF financial policies and procedures to Clients. Participate in the preparation of trainings for non-finance staff to ensure understands of financial regulations and enable compliance. Organize WCLRF financial filing systems and properly file and label financial documentation
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in Preparation of daily transactions (Cash Disbursement vouchers, Cash Receipt Vouchers, General Journal transactions, update bank books and weekly expense templates) supported by adequate required documentation
- Properly verify that all vouchers including Donor Source Project Numbers, account codes, and T-4codes and that amounts are current and in correct currency (Afghani or US dollars)
- Ensure that accounting vouchers and support documentation are marked and stamped as PAID after proper authorization and processing.
- Assist in the daily payment and/or liquidation process of financial transactions.
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled and verified on a monthly and weekly basis.
- Prepare government taxes on a monthly and yearly basis
- Assist the Finance Officer to prepare monthly staff salary payments and income taxes as well as monthly staff Payroll reports based on WCLRF procedures.
- Implementation and follow up of Admin, Procurement financial and guidelines
- Establishment and maintaining of all the financial and admin data.
- Supporting to Implement the daily action plan which prepared by the Provincial coordinator.
- Filling of all contract which dealers in order to audit
- Follow up staff air and ground missions management and logistics activities ,
- Maintenance of Fixed asset and Inventory list.
- Regular communication with provincial coordinator on provincial administration needs.
- Stationary requirement preparation for the staff.
- Assist HR filing system and keep them in order.
- Assist Admin to Checking perdium, over time of admin department
- Attending monthly meeting or any other required meeting inside or outside the organization.
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation.
- Maintenance of Petty cash float.
- Arranging to settle creditors Qualifications and Competencies.
- Assist Finance Officer in timely preparation of audit materials requested by both internal and external auditors
- Assist the Finance Officer in the timely closure of finance audit recommendations and work as a team to ensure discussion, preparation and execution of any resulting plan of action
- Ability to manage time and work effectively without constant supervision.
- Good communication skills
- Methodical and disciplined approach to work.
- Flexible and capable with an ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work as a team member, demonstrating patience to manage priorities
- Cooperation with other staff.
- Only short listed candidates will call for interview
- The application could be submitted through :
- Email address: email@example.com
- House # 432, Street 5th , Deh naw, Deh Bori, Kabul, Afghanistan
- The dead line for Application is 3 November -2018